Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kathleen Bess McClain

Almost two years ago, I got a phone call from a woman I didn't know. Her name is Emily, she and her family had just moved from Fayetteville, and being new in town, she didn't have a babysitter yet. She'd gotten my number from the Moore's Mill Fitness Center childcare department, and little did she know, she'd gotten herself the best babysitter in town ;)

She lined me up to babysit for the Auburn vs. Ole Miss football game. She, herself, is an Ole Miss alum. So I, like the good Auburn girl I am, showed up decked out in orange and blue - I'm talking football jersey and Auburn tattoos everywhere. Keep in mind that I had never met these people before. They, of course, were fun and welcoming, but she later told me that when she first saw me, she questioned her choice in me! Still, being a Southern girl herself, she knows football fidelity is next to godliness.

Since that day, the McClain family, Emily and Guy, with their children Meredith and Hutch, have come to be some of my greatest friends.


Now, this is where you come in.

Last Monday, May 11th, Emily gave birth, 2 months early, to a precious baby girl, Kathleen Bess.


Right now, Emily and Kathleen are in Birmingham. Kathleen is in the NICU at UAB Children's Hospital and will be there until July 13th, her original due date. Emily is staying in the Ronald McDonald house (ADPi!) in the meantime. Guy, Meredith, and Hutch are in Auburn. You can imagine how hard that is on a family. Children to be away from Mommy, husband from wife, and brother, sister and dad away from the newest addition to the family.

I want to invite you to join with me and countless other friends and family to pray for Kathleen. Pray that she grows and develops and becomes strong quickly so that she will be healthy and ready to go home in a few weeks. Pray for the doctors, that they will use all of their training and knowledge to treat Kathleen wisely and effectively. Pray for Emily, that she will have strength and rest, and that the Lord will comfort her when loneliness and heartache threaten to take over. Pray for Guy and Meredith and Hutch, while they are separated from their wife and mom and the new little one, that they, too, would have the strength to keep on.

Here is Kathleen's caring bridge site. I encourage you to visit it, so that in your prayers, you have a more tangible idea of what you're placing in front of the altar.

Now, get to praying, all you warriors!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are honored to be able to lift up the entire McClain family to the throne asking for God's mercy and protection.

    ReplyDelete