Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'd Rather Pick Flowers Instead Of Fights

It's been awhile since I've posted. I just finished (today) my second round of exams, so my lack of posting can be accredited to the fact that the past two weeks I've had to put my life on hold. Sorry about that.

Lots to report!

The first weekend in October was spent in Birmingham, visiting Sarah and Clay in their very charming new home and going to the NEEDTOBREATHE concert with my roommate, Emily, and other sweet friends! Definitely one of the best concerts I've been to. The Workplay Theater is wonderful and intimate. It was just really nice to spend a few days out of Auburn.

Also, after 6 exams, I still have A's in my classes! That's a miracle! I'm thanking the Lord for that. Let's just hope it stays that way through the end of the semester.

I'm currently working on my spring break plans. It seems crazy to already be thinking about it, but apparently you have to reserve spots pretty far in advance. I'm going to hike part of the Appalachian trail! I'm going with my friends Jeanna, Starlyn, Zach and Alex, thus far. We may recruit one or two more. I'll keep you posted on further AT developments.

And finally, the big news. I finally decorated my wall! I ended up cutting a tree out of felt and just tacking it to the wall along with my Euro photos. All in all, it was a very inexpensive endeavor, costing me a grand total of about $15. And I LOVE it. I still have to cut out the bible verse, but other than that, it's complete! I also hung lanterns over my music area. Here are some photos:







Now, since I've missed two weeks, I feel like I owe you some picks :) This week it's some of the songs on my Recently Played playlist on iTunes. Enjoy.

Briefly:

1. Beautiful - Kari Jobe

2. Sail Away - David Gray

3. Both Hands - Ani Difranco

4. Summerlong - Emm Gryner

5. Two Step - Dave Matthews Band

6. Zebra - John Butler Trio

7. Pretzel Logic - Steely Dan

8. Life in the Fast Lane - The Eagles

9. Learning to Fly - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

10. Never Know - Jack Johnson

No commentary. Just take my word. Also, the website I use for the blog's playlist allows you to listen to songs in their entirety for free. Check it out here! Maybe you can find some of my picks!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so very creative with that picture tree. I love, love, love it! Way to not tell your mom and I read it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love love love love
    your tree!!!

    ReplyDelete