Monday, September 14, 2009

The time has come

for another round.

Buckle your seatbelts.

Weekly Picks:

1. The entire album 'Ocean Eyes' - Owl City
My newest obsession, without a doubt. A really cool guy named Dustin introduced me to this music recently. It's just one guy, Adam Young, and he's amazing - such a pure voice. His lyrics are witty and smart and real, and the electronica-meets-pop style is just what everybody needs a bit more of. Favorites on the album: Hello Seattle, On the Wing, The Bird and the Worm, If my Heart was a House, Meteor Shower, Umbrella Beach.

2. Candy in the Sun - Swirl 360
From the soundtrack to Never Been Kissed, this song has one of my favorite choruses. There's something about the melody that I've adored since the first time I heard it.

3. Just Pretend - The Bens
The supergroup: Ben Kweller, Ben Folds, and Ben Lee. These guys toured together in Australia in 2003, and this is the best song off their collaborative album, in my opinion.

4. And So It Goes - Billy Joel
Takes me back to showchoir 2004-2005. King of the Ivory Keys, Billy Joel will not let you down with this beautiful, heart-breaking ballad.

5. Untouched - The Veronicas
I saw these sassy twins last year in Cashvegas, and knew I loved them from Moment One. This super techno song is GREAT for a poppin' work out mix.

6. I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
A true love song.

7. Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
Another cool kid, Jake, played this music for me recently. I would highly recommend giving this a listen. While you're at it, check out the whole album, Veckatimest

8. Que 'Onda Guero - Beck
From his album, Guero, this song demonstrates the true essence of Beck as a songwriter.

9. Just Because - Jane's Addiction
Also from 2003, this is one of the greatest songs by the rock band, who actually reunited for second time last year. Lots of electric. Also great to run to!

10. Everytime - Donavon Frankenreiter
Very similar to Jack Johnson, which is fitting, because they are great friends, and Donavon sings on Jack's label. A nice song - he can sing it to me any day he wants ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment