Monday, September 28, 2009

What You Should Be Jamming To This Week

Hey darlings!

So this week, my picks salute the fine male musicians in this world :) This is not an exhaustive list, by any means, but I will venture to say that it contains many of our time's finest.

1. Can't Let Go - Landon Pigg
I've loved him for years now. I used to watch this music video and marvel at his amazingness. He's the man of my dreams ;) Anyway, he's actually in an upcoming movie called Whip It. Produced by Drew Barrymore and starring Ellen Page, Landon plays the love interest. If only I were Ellen..

2. Industry - Jon McLaughlin
Even more my perfect man, and Emily would agree, Jon could win any woman's heart with his piano. I love this song.

3. In Love With A Girl - Gavin DeGraw
This song is just great. He knows how to rock out, for sure, and the video is sweet!

4. Where We Gonna Go From Here - Mat Kearney
I love this guy, his lyrics, his style, everything. And he loves the Lord, too. He has such a soothing voice.

5. Jenny Don't Be Hasty - Paolo Nutini
He's Scottish and this song is seductive, but so great!

6. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Coldplay
Chris Martin is perhaps one of the greatest songwriters of all time. This is only a glimpse of the talent that is this man and his band of Brits.

7. No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand
I LOVE this band, and this song, in particular. I saw them at MTV Winter in Valencia this February, and it was so cool. Also Scots, the lead singer Alex Kapranos is dreamy.

8. Bunnies (Live) - Howie Day
A virtuoso guitarist, this one-man band is genius with loops and pedals and using his Tak as a djembe of sorts.

9. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
If anyone can paint pictures with his lyrics, it's John. This song is beautiful on so many different levels. If you haven't heard it, find it now.

10. Hey Jude - The Beatles
The ultimate men of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment